Re: 300 baud V.21 terminal emulation

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: 300 baud V.21 terminal emulation
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 13:25:19 -0400

On 10/04/2013 10:01 AM, Mike Miller wrote:

Sounds good, that's fine if it is possible to detect when a paste is
being done and switch the setting back and forth silently without
having to use config files.

Is it possible in the GUI to detect both kinds of paste, i.e. ctrl-v
vs. old-fashioned middle mouse click, or did you mean only ctrl-v
since it's done through the Qt API?

Oops, I thought a paste was a paste, but it seems that the old-fashioned middle mouse click on a Unixy system does not generate a paste event. I assume it just feeds the characters to the application as keyboard events. So I guess the thing to do is turn paren matching off by default, provided that user preferences override our settings in case they actually want this behavior.