Re: Merging new audio functionality into Octave

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Merging new audio functionality into Octave
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 12:50:31 -0400

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 11:10:13 -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 10/01/2013 10:24 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 2013-10-01 at 09:34 -0400, Mike Miller wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm interested to hear how the maintainers feel about merging the new
>>> audio functionality that was developed for GSoC into Octave.
>>

>> More generally, I think we should start merging in *all* of our GSoC
>> code. It doesn't look like we failed any student who coded throughout
>> GSoC, so we should take this as an indication that we consider their
>> contributions viable.
>

> I'm not comfortable with merging all GSoC contributions this close to the
> release.  I'd like to take a look at them first.

If I prepare a branch of the audio work for you to review by some date
(how close is "this close" now?), is there a possibility that you will
be willing to look at it and merge it for this upcoming release or
would you prefer to put it off regardless? IOW, should I bother
putting effort into getting it ready in the day or so or just let it
sit?

Thanks,

--
mike