Initial GUI startup message

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Initial GUI startup message
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:02:59 -0400

When the GUI starts for the first time, the following message is displayed:

  Welcome to Octave!  (in a large bold font)

  This is the development version of Octave with the first official GUI.

  You seem to run Octave GUI for the first time on this computer.
  This assistant will help you to configure this software
  installation.  Click 'Finish' to write a configuration file and
  launch Octave GUI.

I propose to change this to

  Welcome to GNU Octave  (still in a large bold font)

  You seem to be using the Octave graphical interface for the first
  time on this computer.  Click 'Finish' to write a configuration file
  and launch Octave GUI.

  The configuration file is stored in FILENAME.  If that file exists,
  you will not see this dialog when Octave starts again.

  For more information about Octave, visit http://octave.org.

It would be nice to make the URL a link that will open a browser.  It
seems that should be easy to do with Qt, but I'm not sure how.  Can
anyone help with that?

Is there anything else we should add here?  A direct link to the
documentation?  A direct link to some kind of tutorial information?