RE: Odeset - Odeget

From: Roberto Porcù
Subject: RE: Odeset - Odeget
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 04:51:16 +0000

On 2 Sep 2013, at 07:50, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

>I don't see the difference between the two,
>the idea is to have only one odebwe function that
>can use either Newton Krylov (like odebwenk) or plain Newton (like odebwe)
>and can use an exact Jacobian if given (like odebwe) or an approximate
>Jacobian otherwise (like odebwenk).

>What else would you do to unify the two functions?

>As for timestep selection you can use the simple analytic formula used in
>odebwenk as the extrapolation approach in odebwe is slitely more
>computationally expensive.

>c.

Ok, i worked on the merging of these two functions but
to complete the work i need to know how do you want the user can
choose between Newton Krylov and plain Newton,
and if you (as you said in the previous email) confirm me that for timestep
selection i use only that implemented
in odebwenk and remove completely that one implemented in
odebwe.
Thank you

Roberto