Re: Octave-3.7.2+/Windows [VS2010] available

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Octave-3.7.2+/Windows [VS2010] available
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 15:14:53 -0800 (PST)

Michael,

Philip Nienhuis wrote

> Michael Goffioul wrote
>> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 4:30 AM, Daniel J Sebald <

>> daniel.sebald@

>> >wrote:
>> :
>> <snip>
>> :
>>> Where is the "actxserver" routine that gives a portal to ActiveX?
>>>
>>>     app = actxserver ("Excel.Application");
>>>
>>> Perhaps that is where there is an feval failing with com_set.
>>>

>> That's an issue I noticed after building the installer. The problem lies
>> in
>> the windows forge package. It still used the dispatch system, but this
>> has
>> been removed in current development branch. So the package fails to load
>> properly. I've released a new windows forge package yesterday, which
>> fixes
>> the issue, but it's not included in the binary installer I made.
>>
>> If you need that functionality, I can produce an updated installer for
>> the
>> windows forge package.
> That, or a separate MSVC windows package like you made for 3.6.2, would be
> much appreciated.

The current io package v. 1.2.0 probably won't work very well with the Java
classes as the autoboxing stuff has changed when the Java package was
integrated into core Octave.
io-1.2.0 only works reliably in the stable Octave versions.

By now I've got an io package version where almost all of these issues have
been ironed out (mostly removing ".doubleValue()"  method invocations +
amendments to Java detection & validation), which would work better with the
experimental 3.7.1+ Octave versions. At least the test scripts for .ods and
.xls do work for all Java interfaces except UNO and OXS.

If you agree with it I can send you this development version (provisionally
io-1.3.0) to make an MSVC2010 package with it (I have no room for the MSVC
dev stuff (> 2.3 GB) on my Windows boxes so I can't build binary MSVC
packages) or include it in an updated binary .
I haven't committed the changes to SVN yet as the current io pkg version
still must work with stable Octave (yes a good case for OF package
branches).

Philip