Editing hg commit messages

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Editing hg commit messages
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:48:11 -0500

On 20 February 2013 23:33, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
> Alas, once the commit is made I don't know of a simple way to change the
> commit message.  Jordi is the expert on all things Mercurial and he might
> know of a way.  Otherwise, it is a bit of false advertising in the commit
> message, but I would just leave it alone.

I didn't follow all the context, but "hg commit --amend" will open an
editor where you can edit the commit message. Note that if you've
already pushed the commit, we can't really rewrite the commit message
without some serious history editing. There is an experimental
extension for hg that allows public history rewriting, but we
shouldn't use that yet.