Permissions on Savannah

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Permissions on Savannah
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 18:56:43 -0500

There have been a couple of OF devs who have been wanting to be able
to manipulate bug reports on Savannah, but I haven't granted them
access yet because I cannot find a way to grant this access without
also granting push access to the core Octave repository.

While I am not so distrustful personally of whom we give push access
to, jwe has asked me in the past to be very conservative about this.

We can fix this by fixing Savane itself, the software running
Savannah, and figuring out what sort of thing it needs in order to
give finer control over push permissions, or we can just make a
gentlemen's agreement to not push to the core repo even though you
will get this permission by getting permission to manipulate bugs.

I would much prefer the former, but that requires work that I haven't
gotten around to doing myself. Is anyone else volunteering?

- Jordi G. H.