Re: java and Classdef branch

From: Rik
Subject: Re: java and Classdef branch
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 19:17:59 -0800

On 01/08/2013 06:40 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> It appears that flex is complaining about MacOS X's Java libraries. Looking
> at my Makefile, it appears the culprit is LFLAGS, and AM_FLAGS.
>
>       LFLAGS = -I -framework JavaVM
>
>       AM_LFLAGS = -I -framework JavaVM
>
>       LEXCOMPILE = $(LEX) $(AM_LFLAGS) $(LFLAGS)
>
>       LTLEXCOMPILE = $(LIBTOOL) $(AM_LIBTOOLFLAGS) $(LIBTOOLFLAGS) \
>               --mode=compile $(LEX) $(AM_LFLAGS) $(LFLAGS)
>
> I assume something is broken here for me?
Ben,

This is only an issue for MacOS.  In configure.ac there are the following
lines:

  ## Java and JVM found.  Set up flags.
  case $host_os in
    darwin*)
      ## Sneak the -framework flag into mkoctfile via LFLAGS
      LFLAGS="$LFLAGS -framework JavaVM"

That was copied, I think, from the original Java package and looks to be
sketchy from the comment.  What is the "right" way to handle framework
options in MacOS?  As an example, we are doing something different for the
CARBON libs.

--Rik