Re: munge-texi.pl

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: munge-texi.pl
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 19:42:31 -0500

On  5-Jan-2013, Rik wrote:

| There are a number of problems here.  First, I made the change that
| introduced munge-texi.pl and I have no memory of making it on the stable
| branch.  Touching the build process in this way seems mildly risky and it
| surprises me that I would have done this.  Is it possible that some
| Mercurial shenanigans accidentally transplanted the patches from one branch
| to another?

I transplanted the change that introduced munge-texi.pl to the stable
branch to make it possible to build the documentation when cross
compiling.  I missed the gendoc.pl part.  I think I should just
transplant that part too.

I see it as only slightly risky in the sense that it could cause
trouble for building Octave (as we are unfortunately seeing now).  But
I don't see it as risky for running Octave, so that's why I decided to
go ahead and do it.