Re: Octave and MXE environment

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Octave and MXE environment
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 06:32:04 -0800

On 01/03/2013 06:11 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> The missing dependencies that I know of are
>
>   ghostscript, pstoedit, fig2dev:
>          These are needed for printing figures.  I think it should be
>          possible to get them to build with MXE, but I have not tried
>          yet.
>
>   Java:  This dependency is only needed for the experimental Java
>          interface that will be included in an upcoming release of
>          Octave.
>
> I'm working on building these and including them in my fork of MXE.
Java shouldn't be a problem or something that needs to be built from
scratch.  On Win32 systems the configure.ac checks are actually pretty
minimal (working java, javac, jar).  The search for a working JVM is
actually done in ov-java.cc and uses the registry on Win32 systems.  Thus,
it should be enough for someone to install their own Java package.  We may
need an override during configure--I'm not quite sure--to convince the
configure process to define HAVE_JAVA for the cross compilation.

--Rik