Re: Building with JIT

From: Richard
Subject: Re: Building with JIT
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 16:30:31 +0100

On 16/10/2012 16:23, Rik wrote:
>> From: Richard <address@hidden>
>> To: Octave Maintainers <address@hidden>
>> Subject: Instruction for building with JIT
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are there instructions anywhere for building with JIT support? I'm
>> having some trouble.

Things have become much easier.  Try just running './configure --enable-jit' since it is disabled by default.  It should find your llvm-config program all on its own, but you can always set the LLVM_CONFIG environment variable if it doesn't.

--Rik

I think I tried just --enable-jit originally, and it didn't work, as I'd seen this flag mentioned in the mailing list. I can't confirm this for certain though. I then found a post which mentioned only the LLVM_CONFIG flag, which is why I thought it was actually this that made it happen.

This all might merit a brief mention on the octave wiki which was one of the places I went looking for info.

The 'Building from Dev Sources' on the online manual still refers to autogen.sh rather than bootstrap by the way.

Richard
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.