Re: trig functions

From: Rik
Subject: Re: trig functions
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 18:30:42 -0700

On 09/25/2012 02:57 PM, Michael D. Godfrey wrote:
I notice that atan2 adheres to ISO/IEC spec, but the other trig functions
do not.  Do you recall if the other functions were considered back when
atan2 was worked on?

Michael

9/25/12

Michael,

I really thought we would be picking up all the basic functions from libm and therefore we would be compliant with ISO C99.  At least for atan2, we are definitely calling the atan2 function and the code is in libinterp/interpfcn/data.cc.  For other things like sin, cos, we are calling methods of the octave-value class, .e.g, args(0).sin ().  I can't quite work out where that is being translated to an actual function call but it will be in files called *mappers*.

--Rik