Re: Compiling octave from hg sources

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Compiling octave from hg sources
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 08:01:30 -0400

On 14 August 2012 03:49, Laurent Hoeltgen <address@hidden> wrote:
> after reading that the GUI had been merged to the default branch

Here be dragons. ;-) And these dragons belong in the maintainers' list.

> Now the compilation fails at some point with the following message:
>
> m-editor/find-dialog.cc: In member function 'void
> find_dialog::search_next()':
> m-editor/find-dialog.cc:150:39: error: no matching function for call to
> 'QsciScintilla::findFirst(QString, bool, bool, bool, bool, bool, int&,
> int&, bool, bool)'
> m-editor/find-dialog.cc:150:39: note: candidate is:
> /usr/include/qt4/Qsci/qsciscintilla.h:558:18: note: virtual bool
> QsciScintilla::findFirst(const QString&, bool, bool, bool, bool, bool,
> int, int, bool)
> /usr/include/qt4/Qsci/qsciscintilla.h:558:18: note:   candidate expects
> 9 arguments, 10 provided

Yeah, I mentioned this problem to Jacob yesterday. I believe he will
address it later. In the meantime, you can work around it by removing
one of the final "true" arguments to that function.

I had to change one other function call that is using a Qt 4.7
function and I have 4.4. I don't have my dev machine with me right
now, but it was something like changing setDefaultText to setText.

Also remember that there is another build system issue about
defaults.h. There has been another post  here about it.

Note that this is still alpha, but epsilon away from going beta. There
is still a nontrivial amount of work needed before the GUI can go into
a release. Thanks for volunteering to be a tester. If you submit bugs,
do browse the bug tracker's GUI category to make sure you don't submit
duplicate bugs.

- Jordi G. H.