Re: Octave3.6.0_gcc4.6.2 mingw binaries for testing

From: fork
Subject: Re: Octave3.6.0_gcc4.6.2 mingw binaries for testing
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 23:52:51 +0000 (UTC)

nitnit <nitnit <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have set a binaries tree for Octave-3.6.0 for mingw, using Tatsuro's
> compiled binaries (I have not compiled them by myself yet), and have
> complied most of octaveforge packages.

Thanks for doing this.

I have a few issues to report (are they worthy of bug reports? not sure...):

1.  When I right-clicked on an FLTK plot window, octave crashed.  This doesn't
seem to be repeatable though.

2.  The help function didn't work properly, taking a really long time, I get a
windows popup error about makeinfo needing to close, and "warning: help: Texinfo
formatting filter exited abnormally; raw Texinfo source of help text follows..."
at the octave prompt.  Not sure if this is a configuration issue.

3. My command history doesn't seem to go back to previous sessions.  Again, not
sure if this is a configuration problem on my part.

4.  Can't we keep the binaries on sourceforge, or a site with a little less
cheese?  I am afraid my IT department is going to think I am downloading pirated
movies every time I follow that link ;)

Thanks again!  Excellent work!