Re: demo syntax and using dump_demos to compare to ML

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: demo syntax and using dump_demos to compare to ML
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 14:02:45 -0500

On Jan 22, 2012, at 1:04 PM, Rik wrote:

> On 01/21/2012 04:47 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
>
>> I'm only been comparing demos for the plot directory. So that should be
>> sufficient for now. I'll try to put together a changeset to add dump_demo.m
>> and its friends to the default branch. When I'm done I'll post it to the
>> list for comments.
>>
>> Ben
>
> I checked in changes to make the plot directory demos Matlab compatible
> (http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/4506eade9f04).
>
> --Rik

Thanks Rik.

I pushed another minor changeset.

        http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/27abe77158d6

I'm able to run a modified version of Soren's dump_demos.m and produce the
images for each demo with both Octave and Matlab.

I've zipped the scripts I use to compare gnuplot, fltk, and matlab.

For anyone interested, just unzip the file, run Octave and type ...

        compare_plot_demos

I still need to cleanup the doc-strings and would like to modify the
html_compare_plot_demos function to allow the number of columns and the
associated toolits to be specified.

After that I'd like to add these to the sources. I'm thinking these can be
added to scripts/test, but an not sure if they should be listed in module.mk.
I've cc'd Soren, Jordi, and John in case they would like to comment before I do
something that may need to be undone.

Thoughts / Suggestions ?

Ben