Re: Bug Tracker cleanup

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Bug Tracker cleanup
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 12:53:04 -0800

On 01/14/2012 10:00 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> Yes. Thanks.
>
> By the way, about bug cleanup, I forgot to say, you probably have
> noticed how Rik just goes ahead and does massive bug cleanup at
> regular intervals. I think you can follow his good example and Be Bold
> about bug merging/closing/triaging. It's not like we can't undo any of
> the bug manipulations if we discover they were incorrect.
Now is definitely the time to review and purge.  Many of the bugs will have
been filed against obsolete versions of Octave or against release
candidates.  Some can be closed outright or, if you are feeling uncertain,
you can ask the bug reporter to verify that the bug still exists in the
latest version of Octave.  If they can't verify it, or there is silence for
a week, just go ahead and close the bug.

If you want to set up a Code Sprint to do this that would be fine too and I
can participate.  We can have our editorial review board on #octave should
we need to debate the merits of closing something.

Cheers,
Rik