Re: 3.6.0 release

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: 3.6.0 release
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 22:30:25 -0500

On 22 November 2011 16:36, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:

> If you know of important problems that should be fixed, please make
> sure they are in the bug tracker and listed with a serverity of
> important or blocker.

I have one. Or three. Binary packaging. Can we really concentrate on
making sure binary packaging is working on the three major platforms
before we announce a new release? It's a little frustrating to have a
new release that most users can't access because there are no easily
accessible binaries. It produces a lot of bug reports on old versions.

I think our situation with binary packaging right now is a little
better since the departure of the likes of Rafael Laboissiere and
Benjamin Lindner who did so much of it, so I think it's reasonable to
expect this to be fixed before we announce a release.

- Jordi G. H.