Re: FYI: wiki transition in progress

From: Fredrik Lingvall
Subject: Re: FYI: wiki transition in progress
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 13:07:56 +0100

On 11/16/11 12:47, Joanna Cheng wrote:
2011/11/16 Etienne Grossmann<address@hidden>:
  For newbies editing a page, it would be nice if e.g. @ the bottom of the
page were a cheat-sheet of the wiki's syntax. Is this feasible? (or have I
missed this feature?)
Not sure if it is possible, I don't think it is by default, but there
is probably an extension. If there's enough demand I guess I can look
for it. https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/mediawiki/wiki/Help:Formatting
is a good reference for wiki syntax, in the meantime.
I have a decent amount of experience in wiki syntax so do let me know
if there's anything specific formatting-wise we want. I suspect before
long I'll need to write a custom template (or two. or five) :)

Have a look at the Gentoo wiki templates: http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Index:Templates

For example, the Code, Note, and File templates is probably useful for Octave too.

/Fredrik