waitbar (frac, "msg") syntax

From: Rik
Subject: waitbar (frac, "msg") syntax
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2011 07:32:48 -0700

11/5/11

John,

I see you disabled the subject line waitbar syntax in this changeset:

changeset:   13821:4d1927edf194
user:        John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
date:        Fri Nov 04 16:35:58 2011 -0400
summary:     waitbar: use previous bar if nargin == 1, not nargout == 1

This does make the function fully Matlab compatible, but I thought it was a
useful addition to be able to update the message on the current waitbar.

For example:

h = waitbar (0, "Initializing data");
waitbar (0.1);
waitbar (0.2);
waitbar (0.3, "Starting phase 1");
waitbar (0.4);
waitbar (0.5);
waitbar (0.6, "Starting phase 2");
waitbar (1.0, "Calculation complete")

You can achieve the  functionality above by always passing in a waitbar
handle and that's what Matlab users have to do.  At any rate, if the
function stays this way then the @deftypefnx which describes "waitbar
(frac, "msg")" should be deleted since it isn't an option.

--Rik