help with graphics

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: help with graphics
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 18:47:01 -0400

I'm trying to make the OpenGL renderer do the Matlab compatible thing
for log plots with all negative data and I'm having some trouble
understanding where to make the changes.  Would someone be willing to
give me some pointers?

There were some recent changes to the gnuplot renderer so that it
could handle negative data for log plots and that seems to mostly
work, but the way the OpenGL renderer is constructed doesn't seem to
allow this kind of simple change.  In the gnuplot code, it is OK to
modify properties in the local copy of the axis_obj structure because
it is just a copy of the properties.  But the OpenGL code is typically
working directly with get_X methods, so we have to work with local
copies of individual data elements, and it seems decisions about what
to do for log scale plots with negative data have to be made in
several locations.  Any help with sorting this out would be most
appreciated.

Thanks,