Re: Mingw Octave-3.4.3 binaries for testing on windows

From: fork
Subject: Re: Mingw Octave-3.4.3 binaries for testing on windows
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:21:56 +0000 (UTC)

nitnit <nitnit <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Octave users and maintainers,
>
> I have succesfully compiled octave-3.4.3 (src downloaded from
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave/octave-3.4.3.tar.gz) with mingw, using
> Tatsuro's OctaveLibs and gplibs.

I am running it currently and I will report back if there are any problems.

The only thing is that with fltk, I get funky fonts in my plots. I ran into this
with Tatsuro's distribution too, and just used gnuplot instead. I can't attach
files from gmane, or I would send a screen shot.

I don't know if I need to install a font package, or if there is some way to
bundle up the required fonts into the download (for which I am immensely
grateful!)  It might be a little bit off-putting to new users.