Build success for 3.4.3-rc0 on Linux, Kubuntu 10.04

From: Rik
Subject: Build success for 3.4.3-rc0 on Linux, Kubuntu 10.04
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 21:52:04 -0700

Another good build with all tests passing.

One interesting warning during the compilation:

regex-match.cc:123: warning: unused parameter 's'

The function is shown below.

bool
regex_match::match (const std::string& s)
{
#if HAVE_REGEX
  int npat = pat.length ();

  const char *str = s.c_str ();

  for (int i = 0; i < npat; i++)
    if (regexec (compiled + i, str, 0, 0, 0) == 0)
      return true;
#endif

  return false;
}

Is this related only to my system or is HAVE_REGEX redundant now that we
require PCRE to build?  I'm thinking it may be left over from when there
was a distinction between generic regular expressions and Perl regular
expressions.

--Rik