Re: Third input argument to __makeinfo__

From: c.
Subject: Re: Third input argument to __makeinfo__
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 21:11:03 +0200

Rik,

On 9 Sep 2011, at 20:22, Rik wrote:

> Carlo,
>
> Actually, I worked to clean up __makeinfo__ a while ago (see changset
> 3047363c376d).  At that time I removed the third argument to __makeinfo__
> because it was unused.  It looks like I removed it from the documentation and
> from any of the code, but forgot to remove it from the function declaration.

> Thus, I think the correct fix is to remove the unused variable from the
> declaration and not adjust the input verification to accept a third variable.

The third argument is used by the function html_help_text in Søren's package
generate_package_html, to pass an optional
function to let the user decide how to expand the '@seealso' macro.

html_help_text always calls __makeinfo__ with 3 arguments so
generate_package_html is currently broken
(or rather incompatible with tip)

>  I see that you already pushed your changeset.

Sorry for pushing too soon.

>  I pushed one on top (13120:fc0ea95fbba0) which removes the third variable
> and restores input checking for just two arguments.

Søren would you like me to patch generate_html to remove the option to chose
how to expand @seealso macros as
 __makeinfo__ cannot handle it anymore?

> --Rik

c.