Re: Small inconsitency in axis properties

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Small inconsitency in axis properties
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 15:18:17 -0400

On  8-Sep-2011, Dr. Alexander Klein wrote:

| Am 08.09.2011 um 18:32 schrieb John W. Eaton:
|
| > What is your shell's PATH?  Does it list /usr/local/bin before
| > /usr/bin?
|

| Yep, "which" found it in /usr/local,

In /usr/local, or /usr/local/bin?  Exactly what does

  echo "$PATH"

show you?  If the programs are installed in /usr/local/bin, what is
the output from

  ls -l /usr/local/bin

?

| but autogen.sh didn't, and I don't think the shell does any reordering on its
own. I've seen linkers do such things, but not shells ...

What is displayed if you add

  echo "$PATH"

on the second line of autogen.sh and then run it?  Is /usr/local/bin
in the PATH that /bin/sh sees?

The autogen.sh script is pretty simple.  It's not playing any tricks
with your PATH.