Packaging on Windows

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Packaging on Windows
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 17:41:42 -0400

On 29-Jun-2011, Jussi Lehtola wrote:

| I had a quick look at packaging Octave on Windows. As I mentioned
| before, Fedora has a full fledged MinGW build system, that can be used
| to compile Windows binaries and installation packages.

Can you also test the generated binaries by running them with wine?
The last time I tried to generate a binary built with MinGW on my
system and run it with wine, it failed.  Here is the info I posted
about my attempts at this the last time I tried it:

https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2011-January/022485.html

Without a way to test or debug it, I think I would find building
binaries this way a really frustrating experience.