Re: 3.4.2-rc1 successful build on Kubuntu Linux

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: 3.4.2-rc1 successful build on Kubuntu Linux
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:33:00 -0400

On 23-Jun-2011, YJanssen wrote:

| Hello,
|
| Can you tell me how ?
| ./configure don't find any compiler . GCC 4.4.3 is installed.
|
| configure: defining __NO_MATH_INLINES avoids buggy GNU libc exp function
| checking for g++... no
| checking for c++... no
| checking for gpp... no
| checking for aCC... no
| checking for CC... no
| checking for cxx... no
| checking for cc++... no
| checking for cl.exe... no
| checking for FCC... no
| checking for KCC... no
| checking for RCC... no
| checking for xlC_r... no
| checking for xlC... no
| checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
| checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
| checking dependency style of g++... none
| checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
| configure: error: in `/usr/local/src/octave-3.4.1':
| configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
|
| Thank you for your reply.

Please use the help list for questions about using and installing
Octave.  The maintainers list is for discussions about developing
Octave.

When you post your question to the help list, don't hijack some other
thread.  Start a new thread with a meaningful subject line for your
topic.

But I'll take a WAG at the problem you have.  You don't seem to have
g++ installed.  You will also need gfortran and lots of other things.
Since you're using Ubuntu, you can probably get most of the
dependencies for building Octave with

  apt-get build-dep octave3.2