Re: 3.4 uploaded

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: 3.4 uploaded
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:00:17 -0500

2011/2/10 Thomas Weber <address@hidden>
No, you will not! Ubuntu decides what they ship and what not, in what
version, with whatever default compiler flags, with whatever additional
patches, ...

They ship it, they handle it. They take the praise, they take the blame.
Period.

If you wonder why I'm strict about this: going one step further, this
meant subscribing octave-maintainers to every major distribution's bug
tracker, just so 'we at least hear about the bugs'.

I get that there's animosity between debian and ubuntu. On the other hand, having an awful octave on ubuntu doesn't help octave. So what can I do? I'm willing to learn and understand what's going on on the ubuntu side, but honestly we get such hostility from you that I don't see how it's worth the effort.

--judd