Re: Octave fails to build on 64-bit OSX w/ FLTK

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: Octave fails to build on 64-bit OSX w/ FLTK
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 20:20:06 +0000 (GMT)

On Feb 03, 2011, at 02:08 PM, Richard Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:

On Feb 3, 2011, at 2:01 PM, bpabbott wrote:

> On Feb 03, 2011, at 01:07 PM, Richard Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Ben,
>>
>> I DID use gcc before I ever tried clang. I just verified that it also worked with clang.
>>
>> Octave builds on OSX for me with
>> a) 32 bit using gcc 4.2x from Apple, gfortran 4.2.x from ATT, with -ff2c flag, without BLAS wrapper, without FLTK, without -D__LISTS__
>> b) 64 bit using gcc 4.2.x from Apple, gfortran 4.2.x from ATT, without -ff2c flag, with BLAS wrapper, without FLTK, without -D__LISTS__
>> c) 64 bit using clang from Apple, gfortran 4.2.x from ATT, without -ff2c flag, with BLAS wrapper, without FLTK, without -D__LISTS__
>>
>> Campbell
>

> I'm having some trouble keeping up with all of this. I'll add instructions for what I understand is needed for both 32 and 64bit. Going forward we should get back to the usual diffs/changesets.
>
> Thanks
> Ben

Ben,

What are "the usual diffs/changesets?"

Campbell

Both are formatted patches. For how to create a diff, see ...

man diff

By changeset, I refer to patches specially formated for the Mercurial VCS which Ocave's developers use If you're interested in contributing to the code or modifying the way Octave builds see the section "Development Sources"

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/download.html

Ben