Re: backend('fltk') use large amount CPU resources on MinGW

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: backend('fltk') use large amount CPU resources on MinGW
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 02:37:23 +0900 (JST)

Hello

> What you can try is to disable FLTK events processing in __fltk_redraw__
> (Fl::check()) to see whether the problem is coming from FLTK or from

I have tried Fl::check() to be disable.

fltk_backend.cc:1716:__fltk_redraw__ (void)

      // it seems that we have to call Fl::check twice to get everything drawn
      //Fl::check ();
      //Fl::check ();

However, the eating CPU cycles seemed to occur.

Does anyone try to see for this phenomena on other platforms?

I would like to know whether this phenomenon is specific to windows or nor not.

Regards

Tatsuro

--- Michael Goffioul wrote:

> When initializing the FLTK backend, a readline idle event hook is installed
> to process FLTK events synchronously with octave.This event hook is called
> every 100ms IIRC. This is the only thing I can imagine can start eating CPU
> cycles, although when there are no events to process, the load of such
> function should be rather low.
>
> What you can try is to disable FLTK events processing in __fltk_redraw__
> (Fl::check()) to see whether the problem is coming from FLTK or from
> octave.
>
> Michael.

Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ie8/