Re: Thoughts on 3.4 release

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Thoughts on 3.4 release
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 12:50:43 -0600

2010/12/17 John W. Eaton <address@hidden>:
> On 16-Dec-2010, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>
> | So, jwe is the release manager again, right? How are releases going to
> | happen? I have a few patches cooking, although I don't think any of
> | them are critical. Should I wait until after the release to propose
> | them, or can we still have parallel development in a separate branch
> | of new features while the freeze is in effect?
>
> It depends on what the patches do.

They're not ready yet. I was working on one for view in order to make
it fully Matlab-compatible, but I see now that Kai has beaten me to
it. The other one is about allowing __fltk_print__ to use glReadPixels
for bitmap formats and thus bypassing gl2ps.

I may not be able to find time in the near future to do them. Regular
job is getting busy again. My patches hardly seem critical, though.

- Jordi G. H.