Re: Undocumented Operator Functions

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Undocumented Operator Functions
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 20:16:32 -0800

Judd Storrs wrote:

> The arithmetic operators, comparison operators and boolean operators
> don't seem to be associated to the corresponding functions in the
> documentation. My thought is that I could add corresponding sections
> to the Arithmetic chapter and cross references to the operator
> discussions in the Expressions chapter? Does this seem reasonable? If
> so I'll take on updating the documentation for the functions from the
> list at the end of this message.

I think it would be better just to place them in the Expressions chapter.
The operators would be introduced and then there could be a short sentence
introducing the fact that there are function equivalents to the operators
which sometimes have advantages (for example, when needing to pass a file
handle.  You can pass @eq but not @==).  There is already some precedence
for this in that isequal is documented with the Operators.  And yes, please
go out and document!