matlab2tikz and dual BSD/GPL licensing

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: matlab2tikz and dual BSD/GPL licensing
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 21:27:27 -0500

All,

The project matlab2tikz is now able to handle surface plots.

http://win.ua.ac.be/~nschloe/content/matlab2tikz-v006-released-initial-support-surface-plots

I've contacted the author about using a GPL based or compatible office.
Currently he (Nico) has adopted the BSD license promoted by MathWorks, but
likes the idea of licensing under GPL.

Is it possible to license both under BSD and GPL? ... and how might that be
done?

Can a function licensed under the ML BSD license be included in Octave's core
or on Octave-Forge?

Ben

p.s. some might recall that matlab2tikz relies upon ML's inputParser function.
I've developed an implementation using the old ML OOP.  Minor modifications of
matlab2tikz will be needed to run under Octave.