Re: new gnulib problem when building liboctave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: new gnulib problem when building liboctave
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:33:09 -0500

On 21-Jan-2010, Ben Abbott wrote:

| pathmax has already been added to the list of gnulib_modules in
| bootstrap.conf.
|
| Should that be all that is needed to add ../gnulib/lib to the
| include path? If so, perhaps this is another feature of MacOS X?

No, gnulib/lib is not supposed to be in the include path.  Any files
that are needed from gnulib are supposed to be copied over to the
libgnu directory by the bootstrap script, and the libgnu directory is
already in the include path.  There are currently no rules for running
autogen.sh automatically from Make.  You have to do that by hand.  I'm
not sure whether we should attempt to fix that.  The effort may not be
worth it.