Re: Update Octave Wiki for Mac OS X Build Instructions

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: Update Octave Wiki for Mac OS X Build Instructions
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 19:31:01 -0800

On 01/04/2010 12:48 AM, Todd Rovito wrote:
Hello,
    I would like to help with Octave development so I am getting
familiar with the project and trying to see where my skill set fits
in.  My first task was trying to get Octave to compile which took some
time to figure out but I now have it compiling and running on Mac OS
X.  I documented the build process in a script file here:

I like your script.  Please consider working on it more and
incorporating it in the Octave documentation.  As I am sure
you know, OS X users have some work to do in using free
software.   Octave pushes this a bit as it assumes quite a lot
of "standard" free  packages, for instance at least, a sed
that works!

So, working on the script so that it does not require, or has access
to, the patches that it references and testing it on the current
development Octave would be very helpful.

Michael