Re: compiling development sources on mac

From: Rik
Subject: Re: compiling development sources on mac
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 10:57:40 -0800

> I thought I'd mention that I just discovered that I've been using
> autoconf 2.5 instead of the required 2.6+
> Apparently there are some requirement/build-dependcies that are not checked
> as I'd expected (no errors).
>

> http://old.nabble.com/Re:-Minimum-requirements-for-new-builds-tt26305455.html#a26856298
>
>       Automake >= 1.11
>       Libtool >= 2.2.2
>       Autoconf >= 2.6.0

The mininum build requirement was updated to autoconf 2.6.2 about 2.5
weeks ago.  The file configure.ac has checks for all three programs and
their versions.  I just did a simple test and bumped the AC_PREREQ
number above my currently installed version of autoconf and it correctly
flags an error and aborts the autogen process.  This was on a Linux
system rather than a Mac.

--Rik