Re: 3.2.0

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: 3.2.0
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 14:56:39 +0200

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Michael Goffioul
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I guess this is just like oct-stream.cc; there's no need to #include
>> oct-obj.h.
>> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/612918b993a0
>
> ... assuming no other header includes oct-obj.h or Cell.h. I cannot test at
> the
> moment, but you can easily check that out by running only the preprocessor
> on ov-typeinfo.cc. If Cell.h gets included, it won't work.
>
> Michael.

Fine guess. Cell was still smuggled in by defun.h. While the simplest
possible workaround is to just split the file into two parts, I think
that instantiating Array<T> for a bazillion of different pointer types
just for internal purposes is an useless code bloat anyway. So I
changed all the arrays to Array<void *> and added reinterpret_cast
conversions. I also included instantiation of Array<void *> in
liboctave, as it may be of general interest. Array.cc is no longer
included in ov-typeinfo.cc. let me know if you find more problems.

cheers

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert & GNU Octave developer