Re: [changeset] colorbar lefts multiplot

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: [changeset] colorbar lefts multiplot
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 05:09:33 -0400

On Apr 1, 2009, at 5:44 PM, Petr Mikulik wrote:

        Hello Ben,

I've just discovered yet another bug (seems to be bug in 3.1.55, not in
3.0.3):

hold on
colorbar
imagesc(1./hilb(2));
hold off

hold on
imagesc(1./hilb(4));
hold off

Note that it does not hurt saying
        unset multiplot
if 'multiplot' was used somewhere in past and there is such a danger of
having multiplot on after some premature crash.

It may be a few days before I have time to dig into this. Do you have a
suggestion for what should be changed Octave's sources?

As far as I know you are now avoiding "set colorbox; replot" of gnuplot,
then I don't know.

Petr,

I verified that "unset multiplot" was in place. The problem has to do with a missing semicolon.

The line below produced the gnuplot error.

plot "-" binary array=2x2 scan=yx origin=(1,1) dx=1 dy=1 using 1 title "" with image plot "-" binary array=4x4 scan=yx origin=(1,1) dx=1 dy=1 using 1 title "" with image ;

If I understand correctly, it should be ...

plot "-" binary array=2x2 scan=yx origin=(1,1) dx=1 dy=1 using 1 title "" with image; plot "-" binary array=4x4 scan=yx origin=(1,1) dx=1 dy=1 using 1 title "" with image ;

Please verify this works for you. I'm unfamiliar with this part of the code, so any comments are welcome.

Ben