failing tests in tip

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: failing tests in tip
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:36:13 +0100

hi,

my recent changes ("more indexing improvements") introduced a number
of failing tests in tip. These are caused by the fact that ones(1,n)
will now produce a range rather than matrix, thus giving an error when
compared against an equivalent matrix value by "assert".
Fixing the tests to use full(ones(..)) is trivial; however, maybe it's
time to loosen the testing in assert a little? I recall there were
similar problems with diagonal matrices. For instance, if both
arguments are numeric and neither of them is sparse, full() can be
first applied to them. There is, of course, the danger that such a
change may let escape something unintended.

Opinions?

regards

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek