Re: axis square

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: axis square
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:03:37 -0400

On 10-Mar-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

| How about this changeset?

There are some things in the 3x3 subplot demo that don't look right to
me:

   * the no tics or labels plot also loses the axes.

   * all of the plots in the second row have both x and y labels, but
     if I understand correctly, the plot in the first column should
     have x labels but no y labels, the plot in the second column
     should have y labels but no x labels, and the plot in the third
     column should have no labels.

  * in the third row, the plot in the first column has x labels but
    should not, and the plot in the second column has y labels but
    should not.

  * the titles of the plots in positions 3, 6, 7, and 8 use a font
    that is different from the rest (at least on the screen, with the
    X terminal driver and gnuplot 4.2.2).

First, I think we want to be sure that the axis function is
interpreting its arguments correctly and setting the correct
properties for them.

Once that is correct, then we should make sure that the
__go_draw_axes__ function is handling the properties correctly.

jwe

PNG image