Re: Python to Octave bridge

From: David Grundberg
Subject: Re: Python to Octave bridge
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 21:41:34 +0200

John W. Eaton skrev:
I looked at pytave.cc and I'm curious to know why you don't simply
call

  octave_main (argc, argv, 1)

to initialize the Octave interpreter.  This is intended to be the way
to initialize everything necessary for embedding the Octave
interpreter in another application.  That way, you should nto need to
know the details, and we are free to change the way initialization
happens without breaking your application.  If it this method does not
work properly for some reason, it would be good to know why.

jwe
I've changed the trunk to use octave_main to initiate Octave now. There is one obvious annoyance though. Unfortunately Octave's command line history is appended to the readline history of Python's interactive interpreter, even though I pass --no-history --no-line-editing as arguments to octave_main.

So basically one runs `import pytave' inside the interpreter, and then the history is filled by a lot of Octave code.