Re: Problem with Ben's change to preserve axis propers when used with co

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Problem with Ben's change to preserve axis propers when used with colorbars
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 19:12:32 -0400

On Oct 16, 2008, at 11:37 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:

On Thursday, October 16, 2008, at 09:50AM, "David Bateman" <address@hidden > wrote:
David Bateman wrote:
Ok, then the proper place to do this is in

graphics.cc (void axes::properties::set_defaults
(base_graphics_object&, const std::string&))

and in fact there is already a comment there to that effect. I.E.

// FIXME -- this is not quite right; we should preserve
// "position" and "units".

I'll take a look and see if I can create a fix that preserves the axes
properties, but after the deletion callbacks are run.

D.

The change is relative simple and attached. Can you confirm that this
addresses your issues, and if so I'll commit it, as it addresses the
case like

pcolor(peaks()); colorbar(); pause(1); plot(1:10)

Regards
David

I've attempted a manual application of you patch (as it did not apply for me --- EOL problems no doubt).

My colorbar is not scaled properly. When I do ...

octave:31> contourf(peaks)
octave:32> colorbar

... the colorbar image is twice as wide as the axis, but ...

octave:33> set(h,'xlim',[-.5 1.5])

... after changing the limits for the colorbar axes, all looks correct. Do you see this as well, or did I make an error in my application of your changeset?

Ben

I'm suspicious that the problem I'm seeing is due to the aquaterm terminal. It appears that the color bar image is not clipped by the axes. I looked at the colorbar code but am confused by it.

Can someone tell me what the size of the image is?

Given what I see, I'm guessing it extends from x = -0.5 to +1.5 and y = 0 to 1.

Ben