Funding for Octave

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Funding for Octave
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 22:45:59 -0500

Hm. As far as I can tell, we can channel donations through the FSF to
high priority projects, but not to Octave specifically.

SPI needs some sort of official project contact if we are to channel
donations to Octave through them. Erm. I asked before. Nobody seemed
interested to be that official contact.

Does that mean I can be it?

I'll soon be moving from my native Mexico back to Canada, if the
global financial armageddon doesn't prevent it. I somehow feel more
able to do financial management for Octave from there if I have to do
anything.

And what can we do with the money? I was hoping we could hire at least
one fulltime coder for Octave. The obvious or maybe not so obvious
candidate is jwe, depending if he actually wants to keep working on
Octave or not.

Thoughts? Or is money for the project not as important as I think it is?

- Jordi G. H.