Re: Speeding Up gnuplot Interface with Binary Data

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Speeding Up gnuplot Interface with Binary Data
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 15:59:06 -0400

On 15-Oct-2008, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

| On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 1:44 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
| > On 15-Oct-2008, Ben Abbott wrote:

| > |
| > | I don't see a problem with ps, but my pdf font's don't render in the
correct fontsize.
| > |
| > | I'll have to build fresh as well and see what I get.
| >
| > It doesn't seem to work properly for me now using
| >
| >  xlabel ('foo');
| >  print -deps foo.eps
| >
| > Doing
| >
| >  set (0, 'defaulttextfontname', '*');
| >  set (0, 'defaultaxesfontname', '*');
| >
| > before plotting does not help.
|
| The problem seems to be with bounding box or something like that --
| I can recover all the info by running ps2epsi on the file...
|
| Dmitri.
| --

The follwoing commands that we are now sending to gnuplot
unconditionally seem to be the ones causing trouble:

  set tmargin 0;
  set bmargin 0;
  set lmargin 0;
  set rmargin 0;

These were moved in the changeset

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/f6ca8ff51818

Maybe David can comment on the reason for this change.