Re: Speeding Up gnuplot Interface with Binary Data

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Speeding Up gnuplot Interface with Binary Data
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:44:07 -0400

On Oct 8, 2008, at 12:24 AM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

Ben Abbott wrote:

I see __gnuplot_version__.m is still present in the sources.
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/9a0a66f650b1/scripts/plot/__gnuplot_version__.m However, the use of __gnuplot_version__ was removed from __go_draw_axes__.m on Oct 2nd. Presently, the 3.1.51+ sources require gnuplot >= 4.2.3 to function, and >= 4.2.5 for full functionality.

OK, that should put gnuplot in the realm of binary data features.

BTW, I thought I'd try your patch, but it didn't take. What syntax did you use to produce it, and did you use the version of __go_draw_axes__ from the current sources?

I think so. I grabbed the file listed at the Mercurial GUI site. Are you getting rejected hunks? Or a "can't find file" type of error. I did a simple diff of files rather than the who source tree, i.e.,

diff -Pur <original_file> <modified_file>

A level switch -p1 or -p2 may be needed when patching.

Dan

I tried -p1 but two hunks did not apply. Before going further, I wanted to make sure you had the most recent version and to find out how you generated it. I'll try again when I have a moment.

In any event, you should use the mercurial syntax to generate and apply changesets. If you have questions to how to generate, apply, etc changesets, please ask there are many here more skillful than I.

Ben