Re: strings assignment fix

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: strings assignment fix
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 10:52:45 -0400

On  1-Oct-2008, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| For a single patch, yes. For a series of patches, this is problematic.

Why?  I thought mq was designed to solve that problem as it lets you
keep the patches separate, apply one or more of them at a time, update
them so they apply cleanly to the current sources, etc.

| For instance, I'm working on the optimization functions in my archive:
| http://hg.tw-math.de/highegg
|
| what should I do once we agree to include these changes (or some of
| them)? The simplest thing for me is to pull, merge & push.

If you are using mq, you would first pop your changes, then pull and
update, then push your changes and fix them if conflicts were
generated by the pull+update step, then qrefresh, qdelete and finally
push to the remote archive.