Re: [OctDev] linear-algebra: new QR updating functions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: [OctDev] linear-algebra: new QR updating functions
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:46:21 -0500

On 19-Feb-2008, David Bateman wrote:

| I'd suggest reworking this as a patch against octave, with the F77 code
| in a directory libcruft/qrupdate (or something similar) and the C++
| interfaces in src/DLD-FUNCTIONS.. The Makefile.in files will need to be
| modified appropriately.

It might also be useful to have a C++ interface in liboctave itself,
so that the DEFUN wrapper is very simple.  I know that there are some
DEFUNs in Octave that have extensive code and even direct calls to f77
functions, but that was not the original intent.  I find it better if
we can keep the DEFUNS as simple wrappers around classes/functions
where most of the work is done outside of the DEFUN.  I haven't seen
the code yet, so maybe you are already doing this.

| John, we should include these functions.

Where can I look at them?  I'm not on the octave-dev list.

| Are you happy with the F77
| wrapper to blas/lapack function to have only a single F77 function in
| the Octave C++ wrapper or should that be modified to use a pure C++ wrapper?

Is there any way to put f77 functions inside a namespace?