Re: switching from CVS to Mercurial

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: switching from CVS to Mercurial
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 18:12:09 +0100

Shai Ayal wrote:
> as discussed in a previous thread, there are free mercurial hosting
> solutions out there:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=mercurial+hosting
>
> So users can set their own public repository

Ok, so the sourceforge route is possible, but as the repository is
already 75MB and the TOS of sourceforge requests that the disk usgae is
under 100MB that doesn't leave much space.. Also does sourceforge
encourage this type of use of their webservers as they have dedicated
SCM servers themselves

As for the other solutions, from
http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/MercurialHosting we
can't really use alioth as this isn't a debian project, and the other
two solutions I can't comment on without experience.. In any case its
really not clear what the terms of service as for either of the other
two solutions are and so I don't know if they are targeted at large
projects like Octave, or smaller projects.. I therefore think it might
be better to target some sort of dedicated solution if possible..

The push/pull commands can be run over ssh and so a minimum for a server
would be just a machine on the network with ssh access, at least for the
developers. This would mean that John would have to pull from an ssh
address rather than an http address.

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only