Re: removing graphics.h from stamp-prereq in src/Makefile.in

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: removing graphics.h from stamp-prereq in src/Makefile.in
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 03:26:43 -0500

On  4-Feb-2008, Shai Ayal wrote:

| Before sending a patch, can you give a brief explanation about the
| purpose of the stamp-prereq target, because I'm quite sure I don't
| understand it.

The stamp targets are usually surrogate targets that are used when the
actual dependencies can't be expressed easily (or at all).

I've taken another look and removed them with only a small amount of
duplication of information in the src and liboctave Makefiles.

I also replaced some uses of move-if-change with mv, as the
move-if-change action is also a way of cheating that is probably not
necessary.