[Graphics] Additional features

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: [Graphics] Additional features
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 02:52:53 -0500

On  3-Feb-2008, Michael Goffioul wrote:

| src/ChangeLog
|
| 2008-02-02  Michael Goffioul <address@hidden>
|
|     * graphics.h.in (base_graphics_backend::get_screen_size,
|     graphics_backend::get_screen_size): New methods.
|     (graphics_backend::available_backends): Export symbol.
|     (class figure::properties, class axes::properties): Export classes.
|     (figure::properties::get_boundingbox): New utility method.
|     (figure::properties::position): Use valid default position.
|     (axes::properties::gridlinestyle, axes::properties::minorgridlinestyle):
|     Use dotted line style as default.
|     * graphics.cc (default_figure_position): New static function.
|     (gnuplot_backend::get_screen_size): New method.
|     (figure::properties::get_boundingbox): New utility method.

I applied this patch and checked it in.

| + static Matrix
| + default_figure_position (void)
| + {
| +   Matrix m (1, 4, 0.0);
| +   m(0) = 300;
| +   m(1) = 200;
| +   m(2) = 560;
| +   m(3) = 420;
| +   return m;
| + }

Does this mean that all figure windows will start out in the same
fixed location on the screen?  If so, I think we need to make this
optional.  I know that I would usually prefer to leave the placement
up to my window manager, which seems to do a good job of placing new
windows in areas of the screen that are unoccupied.