Re: Patch for building doc under Windows

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Patch for building doc under Windows
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:55:36 +0200

On 10/25/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 25-Oct-2007, Michael Goffioul wrote:
>
> | Hi,
> |
> | I'd like to propose the attached patch to solve various problems I've
> | always had when building documentation. One part of the patch makes
> | use of the correct sepchar to build TEXINPUTS value. The other one
> | tries to avoid the use of "--output" argument, because it is not supported
> | under MiKTeX.
>
> OK.  Will you please add a comment about this so that later on someone
> doesn't find the --output option and try to reverse this change?
>
> | Note: I completely dropped the texi2[dvi|pdf] versions of MSYS or
> | GnuWin32, because they do not work well with MiKTeX and switched
> | to the texi2dvi provided by MiKTeX; hence the COMSPEC unsetting
> | trick should not be needed anymore.
>
> OK, then why to the commands still contain $(UNSETCOMSPEC)?  If that
> can be removed, then please also remove its definition.
>
> ChangeLog?

OK, here's a new patch and the ChangeLog entries.

Michael.

ChangeLog:

2007-10-26  Michael Goffioul <address@hidden>

    Makeconf.in: remove UNSETCOMSPEC trick; compilation under
    Windows now assumes only MiKTeX tools are used (and in the
    PATH variable)

doc/ChangeLog:

2007-10-26  Michael Goffioul <address@hidden>

    interpreter/Makefile.in, faq/Makefile.in, liboctave/Makefile.in: do not
    use --output option argument for texi2[dvi|pdf] as it's not supported
    by MikTeX, use renamed temporary files instead; use $(sepchar)
    for path separation when building TEXINPUTS; remove use of
    UNSETCOMSPEC trick.